body background

Storm Windows

To protect your wood windows provides and installs Harvey Tru-Channel storm windows for our standard historical and non-historical structures.  As for those special sized wood windows such as bowed and oversized wood windows supplies and installs Allied storm windows. We meet plenty of homeowners who think that their storm windows will last a life time, which is incorrect. Based on the harsh New England weather, the life of a storm window is anywhere from 12-20 years before they need to be replaced. 60% of your heat loss is based on an old storm or lack thereof and the other 40% heat loss is due to an interior window that’s not button upped correctly.With an old wood window there’s more air space between a storm window and wood window, approx. 3”, compared to the air space between two tightly squeezed panes of glass in a replacement thermos-pane window. By reaching these two goals you will achieve that all important R-value, the measurement of a materials resistant to heat flow. Over the years, Inc. has been providing their customers with the leader in storm windows by Harvey Tru-Channel is a self-contained unit that has a triple track design and removable panels for easy cleaning and a screen for air flow. Harvey Tru-Channel storm windows is easy to operate and comes with twice as much weather stripping as other storm windows on the market. For Historical or Non-Historical homes that have incorporated a turret in its design with bowed glass windows in all types of shapes and sizes we offer the Allied Storm window. To ensure that your storms will be energy efficient, Inc. installs spring bronze weather stripping helping to block air infiltration and greatly reduces noise pollution.

Harvey Tru-Channel Storm Window

  • Approved for airport sound abatement programs.
  • Fully weather-stripped sashes and master frame.
  • Multi-chambered, heavy duty master frame.
  • Independent meeting rail, interlocked and weather-stripped.
  • Baked on Enamel Finish (10-year warranty offered)
  • Available in White, Bronze, Almond and Black
  • Twice the weather-stripping as ordinary storm windows
  • Both sash interlock with a sturdy frame tie bar for maximum wind resistance
  • Triple-Track “combination” design for self-storage of sash and screen and sash tilt-in capability
  • Fiberglass screen included; upgrade options available
  • Among the lowest air infiltration rates (.05 CFM/FT) of any storm window made
  • Approved for Airport Sound Abatement Programs nationally
  • Marine glazing seals keep the glass tight and secure in its frame
  • Optional steep slope expander available
  • Available in White, Bronze, Almond and Black

Allied Storm Windows: Allied storm window originally started in 1950, offering custom storm window work thought the U.S. Allied offers storm windows for projects requiring special shapes and/or custom colors. Allied developed custom products to meet the needs of particular customers, only to discover that many other buildings had similar needs, across the entire country.